In this post: Magic carpets with Aladdin, on safari with the Lion King, and honey with Pooh Bear. Come join us for # 9 on our Disney Countdown!
Hello dear ones, I hope you are well! This week was another slow one for the countdown. The elaborate crafts and sets are behind us. I’ve been busy getting ready for school etc… So while we didn’t get to everything on our list I can still share my ideas with you so maybe you can try them out.
Here’s #8 on the countdown: https://amberdover.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/crafty-monday-disney-countdowncinderella-snow-white-sleeping-beauty/
- We begin with Aladdin.
- Here’s a tiger mask Michael glued together for Jasmine’s pet, Rajah. I got this mask at the Dollar Tree along with the tiger stripes bracelet.
- We watched all three of the Aladdin movies. These are some of Michael’s favorite Disney movies.
- I saw an idea for a magic carpet snack using Jello but it didn’t look very tasty. Michael hates Jello anyways. So instead I made these Magic Carpet Sugar Cookies.
- Above: before being baked. Below: after baking. I formed the dough into a carpet shape and painted them with food coloring. It’s not Martha Stewart but it satisfied my kiddo.
- Michael made this paper magic carpet.
Blew (yes that’s how it’s spelled) tested it out. It flew just fine :).
We had three days of Aladdin so I wanted to make food each day but only made it to day two.
- We had “Arabian” food, pita chips and hummus.
- We used parrot plates for Iago.
- I wanted to make Monkey bread for Abu but it didn’t happen. Here’s the recipe:
- One day we watched The Lion King.
- I put safari cut outs on the table, also from the Dollar Tree.
- Animal crackers for the “zoo” theme. We had thought about going to the zoo but since we are going to Animal Kingdom I figured we’d stay home and save our money for that.
- Michael made an elephant mask and he wore a Zebra striped bracelet.
- Michael drew a scene of the Savannah with his Draw Write Now book.
There’s a giraffe in the foreground and a lion in the background.
- The writing assignment was going to be about what he saw at the zoo and this picture from the link below but it didn’t happen.
- I had also thought of this safari outfit and binoculars found here:
- Maybe you can use the above ideas. Below is a pic of Mom (Nana) and Michael doing his Mailbox Club Lesson.
- I love “Winnie the Pooh”. I do regret that we didn’t get anything done this day. But I will share with you my brilliant idea that we didn’t do ;).
- My idea was to have a lemonade themed Pooh Bear party. Michael would have a pretend lemonade stand made from cardboard and he could sell lemonade to his stuffed Pooh bear and Tigger.
Pic of lemonade stand inspiration: http://pinterest.com/pin/82824080620094198/
- We were going to have lemon cookies with our lemonade.
- For lunch we were going to have nuggets with honey sauce since everyone knows Pooh Bear loves honey :).
Here are lunch signs we could’ve made: http://pinterest.com/pin/82824080619711458/
- Our craft was going to be a Bee rock painting. Since bees love honey too.
- I also thought about looking back at our Bee study from last year:
Well, dear ones. That’s it for the countdown. I’m about sick of it lol. If I get a chance to, I’ll post some of what we did last Summer. It all depends on how busy I am getting ready for school and other things. God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
PS: Here’s the beginning of the Disney Countdown if you want to look through them all:
Day 1 of Disney World
Here’s my Pinterest for Disney (remember email sub. to come to my blog to see the link)