Dear ones, join me for Disney memories and how to dress like a Disney princess (the adult way). This is day two of four, of our Disney adventure :).
Day two I decided to dress like Belle with a yellow top, pink pants, a rose necklace, and pink heart earrings. I wore my hair up fancy and sported a fake “Belle” tattoo. Yeah, adults aren’t allowed to dress in full costume at Disney unless you work there. So this is as close as I got.
I wanted to prepare for our lunch at the “Be Our Guest” restaurant. Michael dressed as a pirate and I painted his face.
We took a kid’s devotional to do in the mornings.
We packed some snacks in the ol’ fanny pack and we were ready to go!
Michael looking cool at our resort.
- Be Our Guest restaurant
So if you compare yesterdays pics you can tell this place was a lot busier during the day. On the right there is a long line with people holding umbrellas to keep from burning. We are nearly in the gate. We waited over an hour and a half to eat at this restaurant. The wait was painful but worth it. Enjoy the pics of this new area in Fantasyland :).
Finally inside…the suits of armor talk back n’ forth to each other. Some cough and snore. It’s funny.
The decor is very regal.
This is the room where you put your order on the computer and also pay. Then they give you a rose to take to your table. It lets them know where to bring your food.
Michael had Mickey Meatloaf and I had a delicious pork roast with mashed potatoes and green beans. It was so worth the price. I just wish I could’ve boxed what I didn’t finish.
There are three rooms and we ate in the ballroom. It was like stepping into the movie.
You can see the angels painted on the ceiling!
The windows are magical. It looks like it’s dark outside and snowing. Really it’s blazing hot Summer.
The dessert was yummy and honestly we could’ve split it but we each got our own. We had a rich chocolate cupcake with a raspberry on top.
Here I am. I’m glad I took a sweater for inside. Michael and I sat near an older woman and her college aged son. She was touched by the two of us dining together. She said it reminded her of when she took her son at 6 years old to Disney just them two (after her husband died). Now her son is graduating from college and they were there again. I was glad we brought back good memories. I enjoy my little dates with my son.
After we ate, we were allowed to take pictures of the other two rooms. This is the West Wing and again the details are phenomenal. You can see the picture of the Beast as a prince, all ripped up.
Here’s without flash.
Here’s the enchanted rose and the magic mirror.
Everything is shredded and has that cursed look.
This is the Rose Room and I believe it’s reserved for supper time. You need to get a reservation way ahead of time. The middle of the room is like a giant music box. Belle and the Beast dance in the middle and there’s a little tune that plays.
Pictures of the couple are all over the Rose room.
It’s really lovely.
The stained glass window from the movie. If you’re going to Disney I suggest that you eat at “Be Our Guest”. It’s worth the price and it’s a great experience.
- Belle’s Cottage/ Enchanted Tales with Belle
We waited 40 minutes to see Belle at her cottage. It sprinkled on us some but I was determined to see Belle at Magic Kingdom.
A picture of Belle and her mother.
A magical mirror opened a passage to the Beast’ castle.
Here we find the talking dresser. Our guide took different props out of the drawers so the kids could play characters from Beauty and the Beast. It’s supposed to be Belle’s anniversary so they’re putting on a play for her. The kids that participated got to have their picture with Belle.
We enter the library and Lumiere the candlestick gives us directions before Belle comes in.
This little girl is playing the beast. I’ve got them dancing on video. You can see a bigger picture of Belle at the beginning of this post.
This little girl is playing Maurice in the dungeon. I wish I would’ve had more time to take pictures of the library. It was beautiful. Sadly we never met the Beast.
- Alice in Wonderland Hedge
- Cinderella’s Castle during the day
- The Hall of Presidents
This was a neat show. Michael actually wanted to see it. I thought it might be boring but it was inspiring and little man really liked it.
- Captain Jack Sparrow put on a show for aspiring pirates. We watched just a bit and left. The actor did well….though he’s no Johnny Depp.
- The Swiss Robinson Tree House ~ there wasn’t a line to tour this attraction. It’s one of the older attractions and it helps to know the book first.
- Tinkerbell and Terrance
I wish I had taken off the fanny pack and sweater before taking these pics….ugg. We waited 30 to 40 minutes to meet Tinkerbell & Terrance. They both stayed in character and I was all giddy. I had to remind my inner five year old that they were just actors.
Tinkerbell trying to convince Michael to be a good pirate like Jake and the Neverland pirates. Michael wanted to side with Captain Hook. I told her I was going to convert him :).
She blew us both a kiss as we left and I really expected to have a bit of pixie dust on my shoulder…maybe fly to the next ride.
- Animation Studios ~ We rode Pirates of the Caribbean once more and then caught a bus to Animation Studios. The place was all decked out to celebrate the new movie Monster’s University.
- A Monster’s University Rock Concert
- Mike and Sully on stage
- The Little Mermaid show
Ariel and Eric
- Toy Story friends ~ there was a long line to meet Buzz and Woody so we just didn’t. There were a couple of toy soldiers in the street though. We didn’t have to wait really at all. So we got this guy’s autograph and some neat pics with him.
- Free Pirate Food~ So we decided to indulge in popcorn, a cookie, and some soda. It was all free! The cashier asked Michael to give his best piratey “arrrrrrrrr” and so the snacks were complimentary. I love Disney people. They are so stinkin’ nice! Here’s Michael giving me a piratey show.
- Random pics at Animation Studios
- And we ended the day with sandwiches in the room and a bubble bath for Michael.
God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
PS: Join us tomorrow for Day Three.