Hello dear ones! We finished our last week of school (back in June) with subject based parties. Today I want to show you the Language Arts & Math themed days we had.
- We began our Language Arts party by making black out poetry. Basically, you take a page in a book and you black out everything except for the words you want to use to make a poem. You start by circling the words you want to use (random words scattered across the page) and then you start coloring over the rest. We used a blue crayon. Black or white out would’ve looked better.
- Spelling games at http://www.kidsspell.com/
- We made Story Stones & made up stories. You find several smooth stones, cut out interesting pictures, and modge podge them to the stones.
- We ended our Language Arts party with poetry cookies. I used a poem we had learned this year, by Lord Byron.
- Our Math party consisted of us playing Math board games. We got the Multiplication and Division Space game at the Dollar Tree.
- Michael made shapes using popsicle sticks.
Well, I hope you enjoyed these ideas. Join me later for our last party, Music & Art (plus ideas for the History party that never happened):
If you missed it, here’s our first party: Science~
God bless & remember the High King Lives! ~Amber Dover
Pssst! You can find more ideas here: