Dear ones, join me for Disney memories and how to dress like a Disney princess (the adult way). This is the last day of our Disney adventure !
Our final day we went to Animal Kingdom.
I decided to where my Lion King shirt.
- The Lion King musical ~ we missed our fast pass time for the show but we still found a seat. Again I didn’t give enough time for the bus wait and ride. Anywho, the Lion King was a spectacular show.
When I planned our trip I had thought we would skip Animal Kingdom and just do two theme parks. A friend of Chris’ mentioned how great the park was so I changed my mind. I figured it would just be a big zoo. But Animal Kingdom was a cultural experience. It was fun walking through the streets.
- The drummers in the Africa section were fun and people stopped to dance in the street. Michael and I danced a bit while walking. The shops had an authentic feel too. If it wasn’t for the Disney merchandise I’d think we were in another country.
- Safari ~ The safari was neat. We rode in a jeep through a replic of the African Savannah. It was beautiful and the animals looked so natural. Even the big cats looked free but they were in an enclosure though for safety reasons but I couldn’t tell. I had to ask how they kept the lions from hurting people. The safer animals roamed freely. Once an ostrich caused a road block.
The lonely Ox
A sleepy lion
Pumbaa ;P…a warthog
- We took a walk down one of the trails and got to see many other animals.
Monkeying around as usual…
The naked mole rats
There were so many beautiful birds.
I’m not sure what kind they are but they make the neatest nests.
Lots of fish
A very lazy gorilla…
In the jungle the mighty jungle…
Michael playing the drums.
The tree of Life~ if you look close you can see all the animals carved into it.
- Meeting Pooh Bear and Tigger!
This was exciting for me. I think Pooh was surprised that I wanted to get in the picture. I’m just a big kid.
Tigger blew me a kiss. Now Chris has to worry about Mickey and Tigger 😉 lol JK. It’s nice that the characters humor adults as well.
- Finding Nemo the musical~ So we caught one last show with fast pass and it was plenty to keep us out of the heat.
The costumes and effects were just great. The actors did really well.
I love the big costumes and props they have…like this big bird.
- Dinosaur Land
We were exhausted so we didn’t do much here except play in the bone yard.
- We ended our day at the resort. My feet were still sore and we needed a rest. I had pizza delivered to our room and some chocolate cake. We watched t.v., ate, and then I napped a bit. It was so nice to relax.
That evening we finally checked out Pop Century’s arcade (at our resort).
We also explored the different areas and eras of the resort.
There were so many fun statues.
We ended the night by trying out the other two pools on the other side of the resort. Here’s the Hippy Dippy pool in the 60’s section.
And the bowling pool in the 50’s section :).
We had a good night sleep and the next day I drove home. It was supposed to be a 6 1/2 hour trip but turned into 8 hours because I kept getting sleepy and pulling over. The interstate was too monotonous. Next time I have to drive I’m taking the scenic route. I was so happy to finally get home and see my hubby. The animals were happy to see us too. It was a nice trip but I always get homesick after a couple of days.
Thanks dears ones for joining us on our Disney adventure :). Thank you for your prayers and I’m so glad I could share this with you.
God bless & remember the High King lives ! ~Amber Dover
PS: Here’s links to the beginning of this series.
Day One of our Disney World Adventure
Amber’s Guide to Disney with Pain and on a Budget