In this post: Dr. Seuss crafts, eats, and a lapbook.
Hello dear ones! Here’s how we celebrated Dr. Seuss’ birthday this year:
- We read all the Dr. Seuss books we own. Here’s Nana reading Green Eggs and Ham.
- A lapbook with Dr. Seuss’ biography, a Meet the Artist questionnaire, and a cartoon tutorial.
- “My Favorite Dr. Seuss Book” birthday cake writing assignment~ I was inspired by this blog: http://meanmygang.blogspot.com/2012/02/dr-seuss-birthday-cake-craft.html but I found the cake printables elsewhere online. Michael colored three layers, put them together, and then added construction paper candles. I printed out the assignment with a nice font.
- Cat in the Hat hat~ I got the idea from this blog:
- Dr. Seuss decor~ I found the Dr. Seuss plates at Target last year. I found the quotes online. The truffela tree and Dr. Seuss sign are from our Dr. Seuss celebration 2 years ago: https://amberdover.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/my-family-rocks-sunday-dr-seuss-birthday/
- A movie~ Horton Hears a Who.
- Green scrambled eggs and ham with grits~ for supper.
God bless & remember the High King lives!~Amber Dover
PS: Here’s a regular pic from a school day. Michael drawing a city on his trampoline.
More Seuss inspiration: